The Procedural Manual for Codex Bhutan is intended to guide the National Codex Contact Point (NCCP), NCC, sub-Committees and Codex (Bhutan) Secretariat to:
- Contribute towards strengthening Bhutan’s national food control systems.
- Effectively manage the works of Codex in Bhutan; and
- Actively participate in the elaboration of international food standards to play a meaningful role as a member of the CAC.
The Manual is useful for Chairs and Members of the NCC to understand their roles and responsibilities for smooth and successful conduct of the Committee meetings.. It will also be useful to the Leader and Members of delegation from Bhutan to effectively present Bhutan’s position to the electronic and physical meetings of CAC and it’s Committees.
The Manual consists of four sections:
- Section I details the Codex structures in Bhutan along with their key roles and responsibilities. Section II outlines working procedures for Codex Committees, towards efficient and smooth operation of National Codex Committee and Codex sub-committee (s) of Bhutan to:
- formulate mandatory Food Standards (Technical Regulations) and
- formulate national positions on Codex Works.
- Section III defines the procedure for selection of the Leader and Members of Bhutanese delegation for participation to Codex meetings.
The manual can be downloaded from here